Emergency Ride Home
The Emergency Ride Home program guarantees a ride home in case of emergency or unscheduled overtime to all qualified residents and employees in North Natomas using a commute alternative.
Your emergency ride home can be arranged through Yellow Cab, Co. (for trips under 20 miles, or if you are too ill to drive) or through Enterprise Rent-A-Car (for trips over 20 miles).
To receive an ERH voucher from NNTMA, you must be a member of the Commuter Club and approved for work or residential benefits. You must register at least five days in advance before you may download an ERH voucher.
If possible, log in to the Commuter Club and download and print a Voucher Form to be given to the Yellow Cab Co. or Enterprise Rent-a-Car for payment. If circumstances prevent you from printing the voucher, please contact our office at 916-419-9955.
Valid Uses of the Emergency Ride Home Program:
- An immediate family member has an emergency
- A serious problem arises at your child's school or daycare
- Fire or burglary damages your home
- You are sick and can't wait for your normal ride home
- Your carpool or vanpool partner has an emergency and you have no way to get home
- Unscheduled, supervisor-approved overtime
The Emergency Ride Home program may NOT be used for:
- Personal errands
- Business travel
- Job-related injuries
- Natural disasters (floods)
- Medical or dental appointments
- Missed ride home (vanpool, bus)
- Other reasons deemed invalid by the program administrator